Terms of Service
The full cost of all treatments and products must be paid in advance or at the time of treatment. A receipt and tax invoice will be issued via email for your record-keeping and health fund rebate purposes.
I do not currently offer HICAPS point-of-sale health fund rebates. However most Health Funds have mobile apps that enable you to quickly and easily forward your receipts for rebates credited directly to your nominated bank account.
Yes, life gets busy… so if something comes up and you can’t attend your scheduled appointment, please cancel/reschedule with as much notice as possible. Thanks for understanding that this then allows the time you’d booked to be offered to someone else who needs it.
Cancellations/rescheduling with less than 24 hours’ notice will incur a fee equivalent to 50% of the scheduled appointment fee.
If you exhibit an ongoing habit of rescheduling appointments a few days prior, your ability to book/reschedule online may be restricted. This ensures that popular appointment slots remain available to clients who are committed to improving their health. Don’t worry, you’ll still be able to book appointments directly with me via phone, email or SMS. These methods allow me to discuss your treatment plan with you and modify it if required.
Why collect, use, store and share your personal information?
This practice needs to collect your personal information in order to provide acupuncture and massage services to you. The main purpose in using, storing and sharing your personal information is to provide you with acupuncture and massage services to best manage your health. Your information is also used for directly related business activities, such as financial claims and payments, insurance, audits and accreditation, and business processes (e.g. staff training and direct marketing).
What kinds of personal information does Jay collect?
The information collected about you includes:
- names, date of birth, gender, addresses, contact details
- your emergency contact details
- medical information such as medical history, health issues, the medication, herbs and supplements you take, allergies, social/family history, and risk factors; and
- your health fund details where applicable.
When and why is your consent needed?
At your initial appointment with me (or upon enrolling in a workshop), you provide written consent on the intake documentation. This allows me (and my staff) to access and use your personal information to provide you with the best possible service. Only staff who need to see your personal information will have access to it. If we need to use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose, additional consent will be sought from you before proceeding.
How is your personal information collected?
This practice will collect your personal information through the following process:
- When you make your first appointment your personal and demographic information will be collected through our client intake process.
- During the course of providing acupuncture/massage services and consultation to you, we may collect further personal information where necessary.
- Your personal information may be collected when you visit this website, use Jay’s online booking system, send Jay an email or SMS, telephone Jay, or communicate with this practice using social media.
- In some circumstances personal information may also be collected from other sources, particularly if it is not practical or reasonable to collect it from you personally. Other sources may include, but are not limited to:
- your guardian or responsible person
- other medical practitioners (with our consent)
- your health fund (if applicable)
- your consent will be sought prior to collecting your personal information from a third party provider.
Who is your personal information shared with?
Only people that need to access your information will be able to do so. Other than in the course of providing acupuncture/massage services or as otherwise described in this policy, this practice will not share personal information with any third party without your consent.
In some instances, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties who work with the practice for business purposes, such as information technology providers and accreditation bodies. This practice will ensure that all third parties agree to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles and this policy prior to accessing your information.
By law, we may disclose your personal information without your consent where the information:
- is required or authorised by law (e.g. court subpoenas or summons);
- is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious threat to a person’s life, health or safety or public health or safety, or it is impractical to obtain your consent;
- to assist in locating a missing person;
- to establish, exercise or defend an equitable claim;
- for the purpose of confidential dispute resolution process; and
- when there is a statutory requirement to share certain personal information (e.g. some diseases require mandatory notification).
Your personal information will not be shared with anyone outside Australia (unless under exceptional circumstances permitted by law) without your consent.
This practice may use your personal information to communicate with you for education or marketing purposes, or to update you on changes to clinic or practitioner details. You may opt-out of direct marketing at any time by notifying the practice verbally or in writing.
How is your personal information stored and protected?
Your personal information may be stored at the practice in various forms, including:
- Paper/hard copy form;
- Electronic form; and/or
- Any other form and media reasonably necessary to deliver acupuncture/massage services to you.
Your personal information may be stored in the following storage facilities:
- Physical documents in hard copy files locked in a cabinet when the practice is unattended;
- Acuity, this practice’s cloud-based practice management solution;
- MailChimp, where your consent has been given to contact you for education and marketing purposes;
- QuickBooks, this practice’s account-keeping software;
- Square, this practice’s point-of-sale system;
- Email where applicable; and
- Any other electronic software relevant to our practice.